Casting - What's involved?
3D Baby Hand & Feet casting is:
Quick – the moulding gel takes approx two minutes to set. We allow 45 minutes for an appointment to make sure the process is not rushed and your child is relaxed and happy. Appointment times are approximate and depend on how many casts are required and the time taken to choose frames and other customised options.
Clean – baby’s hand or foot is easily removed from the mould and comes out clean.
Safe – the moulding gel is made from seaweed, is non-toxic and biodegradable.
- Casting sessions are held at our premises in Bradwell, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.
- Your little one's hand or foot is placed into the moulding gel for up to two minutes until set.
- It is then gently removed and comes out clean.
- The gel sets to a firm but not hard consistency and little fingers and toes can wriggle until set.
- You will be able to hold your child throughout the process.
- Once we have taken the mould, you are free to go home as the rest of the casting process is done by us.
- There are five further stages to be carried out before the casting process is complete.
- Your order will be ready in five weeks.
If you choose one of our photo products we need to have your photo at least two weeks before the collection date of your order.
Silver Jewellery - What's involved?
If you would like our handcrafted silver jewellery you are welcome to come to us to have prints taken. If you'd prefer to take them yourself or live away, we have easy to use kits that we can post to you. Once we have your prints, we will make your jewellery which will be ready to be collected or posted back to you in two weeks.
Please contact us to book an appointment or arrange payment (for orders by post).
Fingerprints are captured by pressing a finger into soft putty. Each kit contains enough putty to take two prints and we will use the best one. We take the print from the putty and use it to make your chosen item of fine silver jewellery. Every piece is bespoke and created individually for you.
Hand and Footprint jewellery
Hand and foot prints are created by using inkless wipes and specially coated paper both of which are non-toxic and are baby safe (the same kits are used by hospitals to capture babies hand/foot prints).
Hands and feet are wiped with the inkless wipe and then pressed onto the paper and gently removed. The print will quickly develop on the paper in seconds. Once we have your prints, we will carry out the rest of the developing process at our premises and then create your individual chosen item of fine silver jewellery. If you are taking the prints yourself, you can either post them back to us or scan them and email them to us.
If you order a kit to take the prints yourself, full step by step instructions are included.